Wednesday, November 23, 2005

One of those times...

I have been thinking a lot lately about my future...not the career side though. I was more focused on what I want with my life as a person, as a woman. At my age of 27, it is only right that I rethink what I want to have and what I want to be when I grow old. If I acted early on the decision I will have, then there will still be time to establish what I want to be to get what I want to have. Sounds confusing? So is my state of mind and heart right now.

One thing about being 27 in the Philippines is that people expects you to settle down or at least be thinking of settling down. If getting married is settling down is another matter but that is how they call it. Anyway, some single friends say that 27 is still young at this generation. They have a point there. As for me, I don't think I have ever fully enjoyed singlehood. But there are also times when I saw my former classmates and see their kids with them that I find some longing in my heart. But then, I couldn't really compare. They might have made a nice domestic lives but they don't have satisfying careers. Everybody have to make choices. Although at times these choices comes in with a price.

I got a lot on my mind right now. I wanted to look inside my heart for the answer but I am also afraid of what I am going to see there.

No comments: